Friday, February 25, 2011

More than Friends, Less than Lovers (Embittered December) CHAPTER 1 ♥

Thursday, December 19, 4:30 pm

   Life in a small town may be hard, but as long as I’ve got all the people that I love, hardship doesn’t matter. Like my Dad, he is the best dad ever ‘cause when I was seven, my mom left me and my two younger brothers, John and Matthew. But I don’t care about her, as long as I’ve got my daddy and my brothers with me, I’ll always be fine.
   Yesterday, dad asked me a question that stunned me. ‘What if I can’t afford your tuition fee expenses and your mom is willing to have you with her. Would you leave me?’ He said.
   I didn’t really know what the meaning of his question is, but I can’t help but be worried about the situation.
   And since he asked that question to me, all this odd things kept on happening. Like on school, Mandy and Leila, my two BFF’s kept on telling me their opinions and feeling if I left. And at home, Matthew and John kept on doing these unusual things that they do, like kissing me on the cheeks and hugging me every time and keep on telling me that they love me very much.
   I don’t know what’s happening, but I’ll make sure that I’m prepared when it does.

Thursday, December 19, 8:00 pm

   Life in Wyomissing may be tough, but I’ll make sure I’ll get through it. This afternoon, I was shocked that Dad went home so early. And then he told me how much he loves me and how much he would cry and be sad if I leave.
   What does this even mean?

Friday, December 20, 6:30 am

   I jumped out of bed early this morning. I needed to think of something that would make Dad to tell me what is going on. A few moments later, I saw a letter lying on the table next to my diary, and I decided to read it.

Dearest Danielle,
   I cant tell you this face to face because it would hurt me terribly. Your mother and I have decided that you would stay with her as long as I regain my job back. And I dont know when that is but Ill make sure that its sooner or later. Do remember that when things go wrong, you will have a dad that would always accept you no matter what. And your brothers said how much they would miss you if you leave. But I told them that it would be the best. No worries, I will call you every day so we wont lose touch. And you can come and visit us on vacation. Just dont forget that I did this for your own good. Your mother will be arriving in two days, and youll be celebrating Christmas with her. I love you always, do not forget that.
 Love,
Daddy :)

   I was shocked, because I didn’t know that after all these years; mom would come again and get me. For Pete’s sake, she abandoned me and my brothers for almost a decade now. And now, she’s going to get me and take me away from my dad? How is that even possible?
   I went down stairs as soon as I fixed myself. I wasn’t even hungry to eat breakfast. I lost my appetite; all I ever want to do is cry.
   I went to school alone this time. I asked Mandy and Leila to not wait for me at the bus stop because I will be taking the train down town. It bothers me, when I remember that I’ll be leaving my brothers alone in this place when all I know I’m the only one who can protect them.

Friday, December 20, Lunch Break

   I went to my locker and found a note, and the note reads:
Danielle,
  We’re sorry that Leila and I hadn’t told you about this incident. It’s just that, we want to spend the last time we’re going to have as happy as possible. We don’t want to bother you and we don’t want to see you cry. Meet us at the rooftop after class.
Mandy <3

Friday, December 20, After Class

   I went to the rooftop as soon as I heard the bell ring. There I saw Mandy and Leila, waiting for me.
   ‘We will miss you terribly!’ Mandy said.
   ‘I hate to say this, but you suck!’ Leila cried.
   ‘Why do I suck?’ I asked as I hugged her.
   ‘Because you’re going to California and you’ll leave us here.’ Leila screeched.
   ‘Don’t worry, you can come and visit me anytime you want. And I’ll sure go here every vacation.’ I smiled.
   ‘But if you see new Californian friends, you’ll probably forget about me and Leila. Wouldn’t you?’ Mandy asked.
   ‘What a stupid question Mandy, of course I will never forget my best friend.’ I swore.
   ‘Really?’ Mandy asked.
   ‘Of course, when I had problems, who did I ran to? When I had secrets and crushes and everything, who did I told first? It was you both, so don’t ask stupid questions about me forgetting you. It makes me even sadder.’ I cried.
   ‘Sorry Danielle, we were just hesitant and sad about you leaving us.’ Leila said.
   ‘Yeah, and we won’t be complete anymore.’ Mandy sobbed.
   ‘What about a slumber party at my house on my last night in Pennsylvania?’ I giggled.
   ‘Sure!’ They both screamed.
   ‘Okay! TTYL!’ I smiled.

Saturday, December 21, 10:00 am

   Dad was not home yet, but my brothers were. I don’t get it why they both have classes on a Saturday.
   ‘Danielle, could you tell us everything there is to know about California?’ John asked.
   ‘And Danielle, would you send me gifts every month and call us every time?’ Matthew followed.
   ‘Sure boys, you know that I’ll do anything to make you both happy.’ I smiled and then hugged them both massively.
   ‘Err…Danielle, I can hardly breathe.’ Matthew said.
   ‘Me too.’ John followed.
   ‘Ooops! Sorry for that. It’s just that, I love you both so much and I can’t believe that I have to leave you alone.’ I cried.
   ‘We’re not alone, Dad’s with us.’ Matthew replied.
   ‘Right! And I don’t even know what Mom looks like.’ I made a face and they both laughed.

Saturday, December 21, 5:01 pm

   Mandy and Leila was sleeping at our house because we have a slumber party. This is the best yet saddest slumber party in the history of slumber parties. Anyways, Leila had this terrific song number and Mandy brought these amazing movies to watch all night long. And the first on our list was, ‘Uptown Girl’ with Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning.
   While watching, I heard Mandy sobbing.
   ‘What’s wrong Mandy?’ I asked.
   ‘I don’t know, I just felt like crying.’ She replied.
   ‘Are you nuts? How can you cry without a reason?’ I asked.
   ‘I don’t know, it’s just that, it’s your last night here in Wyomissing and I’ll miss you so much.’ She cried.
   ‘Don’t worry, I’ll miss you too.’ I smiled, as I wiped the tears on her face.
   The movie was great, but I didn’t felt like watching, all I ever did was to think. Think that, tonight may be my last night in my hometown, Wyomissing, Pennsylvania and it would hurt to leave, but I have to. Daddy did this for my own good, and I have to accept it.

Sunday, December 22, 6:00 am

   I woke up really early this morning, and I found Mandy and Leila still sleeping, so I just decided to go down. There I saw daddy cooking my favorite breakfast, pancake with strawberry and whipped cream on top.
   ‘Woke up early youngster?’ He smiled.
   ‘Yepp. Certainly did.’ I replied.
   ‘Are those two still sleeping?’ He asked.
   ‘Sure do.’
   ‘I was really planning to surprise you with a breakfast in bed, but you woke up so early and I don’t even have time to prepare.’ He confessed.
   ‘That’s fine dad.’ I smiled.
   ‘I just want you to know that I did this for your own good.’ He said.
   ‘Yes daddy, I certainly understand.’ I winked.
   ‘And I love you very much.’ He said, as he hugged me.
   ‘I love you too. Btw, what time will they arrive here?’ I asked.
   ‘Maybe 10:00 am, so you better pack your bags and be ready to get going.’ He said.
   ‘Yeah, sure. I will, bye daddy.’ I smiled, as I hugged and kissed him in the cheeks.
   I went straight to my room and then went to my dresser. I picked out all the coolest clothes I have, like the black boots that Daddy bought me last Christmas and the purple top that Leila gave me on my last birthday.
  
Sunday, December 22, 9:30 am

   Thirty more minutes till I leave Wyomissing. Ughh! Why did I ever have to do this?
   Later this morning, Matthew and John made my day complete. They wrote me a letter, which is very unusual, saying:
Danielle,
  No matter how far you go, always remember that, John and I will always be here for you, no matter what, and that you’ll always be our beloved and awful sister. Haha! We love you very much! (Gosh, I am really not good at letter writing’s! :P LOL) Anyways, John and I are giving this card as a remembrance of your stay in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. We love you, take care and pray always.
Matthew and John

Sunday, December 22, 10:05 am

   Gosh, they’re five minutes late.

Sunday, December 22, 10:30 am

   At last, they’ve finally arrived. I was shocked to see that only a driver was there and mother wasn’t. Anyway, maybe Mother is busy and just asked the driver to pick me up.
   ‘Sorry, I got lost.’ The driver said.
   ‘It’s okay.’ I smiled.
   ‘My name is Phil, and you must be Danielle, it’s a pleasure meeting you. I’ve heard so many good things about you.’ He smirked.
   ‘Why, thanks.’
   Before leaving, I gave my dad and my brother hugs and kisses. And Mandy and Leila gave me the last piece of chain for our friendship bracelet.
   And goodbyes were told, and I drove out with Phil.

Tuesday, December 24

   I didn’t get to write on my diary yesterday because I am definitely tired.
   California is a nice place. It’s always sunny here, and the view’s nice. Mother’s house is so cool, and they’ve got the beach in their backyard.
   I decided to take a bath, and after bathing, I went to the beach and took some walk.
   There’s this two guys who kept on staring at me, I don’t know if it’s me they’re staring at but it’s kind of freaking me out. And OMG! They’re coming towards me.
   ‘Hi! You must me Danielle Liserin, Mrs. Liserins’ daughter am I correct?’ The guy with the brown hair said.
   ‘Yepp, that’s me. Except that, my surname isn’t Liserin.’ I corrected him.
   ‘Oh, sorry about that, then what is your surname?’ He asked.
   ‘My full name is Danielle Riverrs, what’s yours?’ I smiled.
   ‘I am Spencer Cunningham, and this is my best friend Luke Stewart.’ He said, as I shook both of their hands.
   Spencer, who had brown hair with light brown eyes and a warm smile, was cute. While Luke, who had dark hair and dark eyes was not really that attractive.
   ‘You want to go with us?’ Spencer asked.
   ‘Where are we going?’ I replied.
   ‘We’re going to eat at the sea side bar later, but we’ll go for a walk first.’ Luke smiled.
   ‘I’ll think about it.’ I answered.
   ‘Please go with us, we’ll make you feel comfortable, I promise.’ Spencer swore.
   ‘Okay!’ I giggled.
   We walked down the shore. They were fun to be with, but I am missing Leila and Mandy so bad that I could cry.
   ‘Where are you from?’ Spencer asked.
   ‘I am from Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. You?’ I smiled.
   ‘Cool! I am from Rochester, New York but I moved here when I was just seven.’ He answered.
   ‘You?’ I asked Luke.
   ‘I am originally from here.’ He smiled.
   ‘Cool!’ I giggled.
   ‘Having fun?’ Spencer asked.
   ‘Yes. It’s good to have new friends in a new town.’ I smiled then sighed.

Wednesday, December 25, 6:00 am
   It is sooo Christmas now! YAY !!!
   I saw an envelope lying on the bottom part of my bed. I tore it up and read it:

Danielle,
  Sorry if I won’t be with you on Christmas day. I have to go out of the country. I am in Bangkok, Thailand right now. But I’ll soon be back to LA to see you. Anyway, Phil will give you your gifts. Love you always.
Mom.
   Geesh! She is in Bangkok? How is that even possible? Goshness! Anyway, I went to my new dresser to find a Christmas outfit. Hmm.
   ‘What should I wear?’ I murmured.
   I know! There, I found a pair of black and white printed tights, a grey knee boots and a plain grey shirt. Then I wore a potato hat to match and added up some blings.
   As I went down, Phil was waiting for me.
   ‘Right here Missy.’ He directed.
   We walked down the hall and then outside. I wonder what gift mother bought me.
   ‘There, it’s all yours.’ He smiled.
   ‘What are all mines?’ I asked, confused.
   ‘This car and the Hermès bag inside it.’ He giggled excitedly.
   ‘HOLY CRAP!’ I yelled. ‘ARE YOU JOKING ME?’ I was at my “shocked” moment.
   Phil left me alone so I could feel my gifts.
   In the car, there were a cool black Hermès bag, and a backseat full of shopping bags. I opened the shopping bags and all the coolest outfits I ever saw with my human eyes were there. Next, I opened the pouch. Inside the pouch were: the key to my own BMW Convertible, a make-up kit, a brand new phone, a camera, a new diary and a necklace.
   ‘Sweet ride.’ Someone shouted from behind me.
   I looked back to face him, and I was glad to see Spencer. ‘Thanks!’
   ‘Hey! Sup?’ he asked.
   ‘Nothing much, what about you?’ I asked.
   ‘Same. It’s boring on our house. I am the only one there.’ He smiled.
   ‘Why?’
   ‘Because, my dad is in Spain while my mom is in New York.’ He told me with a sigh.
   ‘So, have you gotten your gift?’ I asked.
   ‘Yes. It’s a new video game room set. And it was so friggin’ cool.’ He told me, excitingly.
   ‘Cool. Hey, I got to put up these things to my room, so I got to go. But I’ll be right back.’ I smiled.
   ‘No! I can help you bring it to your room.’ He offered.
   ‘Really?’
   ‘Sure.’ He smiled, my favorite smile.
 
Wednesday, December 08, 2010, 12:00 pm

   Spencer and I managed to take all the gifts to my room. Hmmm. I think I like him. :)
   ‘Is this you?’ He asked, pointing on the picture on the frame beside my bed.
   ‘Yepp.’
   ‘And they are?’
   ‘Leila Cross and Mandy Cristophe.’ I smiled.
   ‘Cool, this Leila chick looks hot.’ He commented.
   ‘Yeah. Sort of.’ I smiled.
   ‘But you’re even hotter. LOL!’ he giggled.
   ‘Silly you!’ I smirked.
   ‘You’re Spanish?’
   ‘Sí.’ I answered.
   ‘Bueno!’ He smiled.
   ‘Como estas?’ I asked.
   ‘Estoy bien Señorita!’ He answered.
   ‘LOL! I have no idea that you speak Spanish.’ I mocked.
   ‘Well, there are a lot of things you don’t know about me, yet.’ He smirked.

Wednesday, December 25, 7:00 pm
  
   I called Daddy, Matt, and John first. I terribly miss them so much, that it’s my first Christmas day without them. Next, I called Mandy and Leila. They told me everything in Wyomissing since I left. They told me how the Christmas Ball in Luna High School did, and told me that everything would be even better if I were there.
   This is the best yet worst Christmas in the history of Christmas days. It was the best because I finally got a car, (yes! I am sixteen so I can drive) and worst because my family is not here with me. :(
   I miss everything in Wyomissing. The lights, the sweet evening breeze, the smell of the fields, Mandy, Leila and Me riding on horses on Christmas Eve. Aww. I totally miss them to death. But I have got to move on. I am in a new town now. And I wouldn’t think of anything sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment